Alh. Babangida Hussaini is an Expert in Administrative affairs, educational planning, community development service delivery, with strong segmental expertise in: Public administrative affairs, policies and strategic matters; Initiative and implementation ability on public reasonable objectives; Participatory approaches and initiative abilities; Human resources development plans and capacity building; Educational administrative, planning and notional implementation. Work experience with administrative and educational consultants, donor-funded organizations, NGOs/CBOs, and international and national bodies.
Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna
Master in Public Administration 2010-2011
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
B.A Hons. Public Administration
Federal School of Arts & Science, Suleja, Niger State
HSC, GCE A’Level 1983-1985
Government Secondary School, Kazaure GCE O’Level 1978-1983
Kudu Primary School, Kazaure
Primary Leaving Certificate1971-1978
i. Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Housing Sector), Mabushi-Abuja.
Director Special Projects
Jan 2018-till date
• To oversee all special project including Constituency, Zone Intervention, Direct Mandate, SDG I & II towards the actualization of the SDGs Goals. Ensuring the integration of programmes/projects to the annual budgetary process of the Ministry. Collation and generation of baseline data on project indicators. Preparation of detailed specifications for projects and work plan. Project evaluation and preparation of contract documents and project supervision and Monitoring.
ii. Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Housing Sector), Mabushi-Abuja.
Deputy Director/Head Special Projects
May 2016-Dec 2017
• To oversee all the implementation of SDGs Projects and programs as well as constituency and zonal interventions projects towards the actualization of the SDGs goals.
iii. Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, Mabushi-Abuja.
Special Assistant Technical to the Honourable Minister of State Nov 2015-May 2016
• General Administration, Organizing Technical Meetings, writing speeches, reports and analyzing proposals, dealing with correspondence, interpreting policy papers for the Honourable Minister of State and all other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Honourable Minister of state.
iv. Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, Abuja.
Dec 2014-Nov 2016
• General Administration, dealing with general correspondence, writing policy papers for the Office of Honourable Minister of State and Permanent Secretary Office and other ad-hoc duties.
vi. Hydrocarbon Pollution Restoration Project (HYPREP).
Assistant Director Dec 2013- 2014
• General Administration, Management of the Senior Management and officer’s cadre on the project, Responsible for coordinating administrative matters and other ad-hoc duties.
vii. Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (AOD).
Dec 2011- 2013
• Assisting the Director in the Management of the officer’s cadre in the civil service, Responsible for coordinating conversion and advancement, Secretariat for the appointment of Permanent Secretaries and other ad-hoc duties.
viii. Office of the Head of Civil Service Jigawa State.
Director Administration and Management Services.
• Overall Coordination and supporting the Head of Service to run the Civil Service.
ix. Jigawa State Scholarship Board – Executive Secretary 2007- 2010
• To Head the Board, coordinate, control, plan and ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the administrative responsibities of the Board, legalize the assignment bind upon the Board, to regulate and ensure accountability for the Board to satisfactorily operate.
x. Jigawa State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB)
Executive Chairman 2005- 2007
• To head the board, administer and plan the educational setting on the basic educational policies and programmes and ensure strategic implementation of educational polices at both primary and junior secondary school levels.
xi. Jigawa State Ministry for Basic Education and Resources Development
Executive Chairman 2004- 2005
• To plan, sustain and ensure effective implementation of basic education policies and programmes and administer application of strategic approaches towards effective education service delivery as enshrined by UBEC based on National Policy on Education. To plan of administrative affairs and execution of financial undertakings of the Board.
xii. Jigawa State Council Affairs Directorate (SSG’S Office)
Permanent Secretary 2002- 2004
• To plan administrative affairs and execute financial undertaking of the Directorate. To coordinate the Council Secretariat and the Finance and General Purpose Committee.
xiii. Jigawa State Council Affairs Directorate (SSG’S Office)
Ag. Director 2001- 2002
• To plan, direct and administer both administrative and financial responsibilities of the Directorate.
xiv. Jigawa State Ministry of Health
Principal/Personnel Assistant Director
• To assist the Director in managing department
xv. Jigawa State Special Service Directorate (Cabinet Office)
Senior Personnel Officer 1994- 1997
• Preparation and executing state security Solicits
xvi. Kano State Health Service Management Board
Personnel Officer I 1991- 1994
• Personal Assistant to the Executive Secretary
xvii. Kano State Health Service Management Board
Personnel Officer 1985- 1987
• Personal Assistant to the Executive Secretary
RELEVANT COURSES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
i. Workshop for Mathematics Teachers
National Mathematical Centre, Abuja 2006
ii. Orientation Workshop on Gender Mainstreaming for UBE Officials
UNICEF ‘D’ Field Office, Bauchi 2006
iii. Computer Appreciation Training for Civil Servants
Informatics Institute, Kazaure 2005
iv. Zonal Sensitization Workshop on Public Procurement for Northwest Zone
World Bank/Federal Ministry of Finance, Abuja 2003
v. Senior Administration Officers Management Training
ASCON Badagry, Lagos 2000
vi. Security Awareness Training for Officers in Security Department
Special Services Offices, the Presidency, Abuja 1994
vii. Induction Training for New Admin Officers –
Civil Service Commission, Kano 1987
i. Outstanding Leadership Award – National Association of Yoruba Students (NAYs) 2018
ii. Distinguish Merit Award
Voice of Northern Nigerian Students (VONNIS) 2018
iii. Certificate of Conferment
As Grand Commander of Arewa Students (GCOAS)
Arewa Students Forum 2018
iv.Certificate of Conferment
Oduduwa Youth Congress 2018
v. Award of Excellence
National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPs) 2018
vi. Certificate of Merit/Award
National Association of Nigerian Students (NANs) 2016
vii. Certificate of Appreciation/Award
Kazaure Emirate Council 2015
viii. Letter of Commendation/Award
The Presidency: Inter-Schools Debate 2007
ix. Certificate of Merit
University of Medina Alumni Association 2006
x. Certificate of Honour
Dambatta Old Boys Association 2006
xi. Letter of Appreciation
Universal Basic Education Commission 2005
xii. Certificate of Merit
Jigawa State Students ‘Association (NAJISS) 2005
xiii. Certificate of Merit: Best Public Official
Federal Road Safety Corps 2005
xiv. Letter of Commendation
Office of the Deputy Governor, Jigawa State 2003
xv. Letter of Commendation
Office of the Secretary to the State Government 2001
xvi. Letter of Commendation/Executive Promotion
Salary Analysis and Fraud Detection Committee 1994
xvii. Letter of Commendation
Secretary to the State Government’s office` 1994